Newtongrange Star 2 - 4 Haws

Newtongrange Star V Haws Match Report:
On a cold but bright day the Haws came to Newtongrange looking to continue their winning ways. 
With Greig Smith unavailable and young Jake Mitchell rested for his Scottish cup tie tomorrow in cane Rory Harrower and Lea Schiavone to the starting lineup.
Straight from the off Schiavone looked lively when running at the Newtongrange midfield and defence. It took only a few minutes to create the first chance with Schiavone driving at the Newtongrange back line but there was no end product. 
In the 13th minute Callum Adamson collected the ball on the right wing beat his man and crossed perfectly for Lewis Elder to place the ball in the back of the net 1-0 For the Haws. 10 minutes later it was Elders turn to provide Adamson with the goal scoring opportunity but he pulled the ball past the far post. 
At this point Newtongrange began the fight back seeing them dominate the possession. The referee also seemed to give fouls for the slightest touch and this resulted in Shaun Leishman getting booked for descent. 
Newtongrange got the equaliser just before the half hour mark catching the Haws defence on the back foot 1-1. 
It did not take them long to score a second with Russell Grierson getting caught out and Newtongrange slipping the ball into the net to male it 2-1 to Newtongrange. 
The Haws settled and started to work their way back into the game and were unlucky when the referee ruled offside for Elder when it was Daniel Watt who won the ball in the box. Just before halftime Schiavone took the ball just inside the box, he slipped it to Daniel Watt who was bright down for a penalty. Elder beat the keeper to make it 2-2 at halftime.
The second half started as the first finished with the Haws first effort on goal resulting in Lee Reid heading the ball over the line which the linesman confirmed as a goal in the 46th minute 3-2 Haws.
The Haws kept the pressure on and it was a great ball from Grierson to Schiavone who scored the Haws 4th goal in the 53rd minute after beating the left back he drove across the box and placed the ball passed the keeper, 4-2 Haws. 
The rest of the game was played out with very little in the way of a goal threat to Stuart Hall’s goal. Elder had a cracking shot that went wide of the post. With 20 minutes to go Reid made way for club captain Rikki Dair to male his return from injury. Next to make way was Watt for Lee Bryce then Adamson for Mark Allan.
Another 3 points and an excellent result away from home.  Roll on next week and the Home Scottish cup tie with Auchinleck Talbot at Keirs park Hill of Beath Saturday 25th November 13.45pm KO. Cmon The Haws!